Matierials used for a presentation for the California College Health Nurses Association Conference 2004
Standards of Practice for Health Promotion in Higher EducationThe American College Health Association's
Standards of Practice for Health Promotion in Higher Education (Second Edition, August 2004, PDF file)
Vision into Action: Tools for Professional and Program Development based on the Standards of Practice for Health Promotion in Higher Education (2nd Draft, 11-09-04, Word file)
- Step 2: Professional Development (8 sheet Interactive Excel Workbook)
- Step 2: Program Development (8 sheet Interactive Excel Workbook)
The professional development component of this workbook guides individual health educators through a process of reflection, assessment, and development of an action plan based on the Standards. The program development component provides a department, group, or institution with a set of indicators to assess organizational readiness and capacity to implement health promotion efforts that comply with the Standards and develop action plans to improve quality of healthy campus initiatives.
NOTE: the following is the outline and links are to the 1st draft prepared 10-31-04 through 11-03-04.
Introduction (Word file)
Practical Applications: Individual professional development plan, Annual or biennial reviews of professional performance, Certified Health Education Specialist five-year certification renewal, Registered Dietician Professional Portfolio development process. There are two files for Step 2.
- Step 1: Self Reflection (Word file)
- Step 2: Self Assessment (auto-calculation), (hand entry and calculations) (Excel Workbooks)
- Step 3: Action Plan (Word file)
Practical Applications: Department strategic planning, Student Affairs Council for Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS) review, Supporting documentation for accreditation, Departmental and/or institutional resource allocation. There are two files for each Step used for the group presentation without access to computers.
- Step 1: Program Reflection, (1 page short form for group presentation) (Word files)
- Step 2: Program Needs Assessment (auto-calculation), (hand entry and calculations) (Excel Workbooks)
- Step 3: Program Action Plan, (2 page short form for group presentation) (Word files)
Appendix (not available)
Standards for Graduate Level Health Educators
Adapted for use with HPRO 608 Advanced Seminar in Health Education at Loma Linda University from American Association for Health Education, National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc., Society for Public Health Educators
- Standards for Preparation of Graduate Level Health Educators (Word file)
- Self-assessment of the Standards for Preparation of Graduate Level Health Educators (Excel Workbook)
Policy Ideas for Promoting Health
- Think Health Agenda (PDF file)
Ideas for Tools for Assessments of Readiness for Program Development
Readiness Assessment (Excel Workbook for use on a computer with automatic calculations)
Readiness Assessment (Excel Workbook for handout for hand calculations)
Readiness Team Scoring Sheet (Word file)
Stages of Readiness Descriptions (Word file)
Goals and Activities for Stages of Readiness (Word file)
Health and Productivity/Academic Performance Connection Questionnaire (Excel Workbook with auto and hand calculation sheets)
Jim Grizzell, MBA, MA, CHES